Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double click issue...

I am tired of the double click on this computer. It's a Dell with XP. I looked all over to find how to change it to single, but can't find it. Any ideas how I can change this?

By default, the mouse is configured to use the Double-click to open an item (single-click to select) setting in Windows XP. To configure the mouse to use the Single-click to open an item (point to select) setting, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
    On the General tab, click Single-click to open an item (point to select), and then click OK.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      By default, the mouse is configured to use the Double-click to open an item (single-click to select) setting in Windows XP. To configure the mouse to use the Single-click to open an item (point to select) setting, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click My Computer.
      On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
      On the General tab, click Single-click to open an item (point to select), and then click OK.
      That works great.

Comment

Single click....

Thanks, HayZee!! That did it....

Comment

Wow, a hour of searching on google for a fix for my g7, were it got to the point that it was more of a work thing to go check websites. ocf link got my eyes, so I did the little fix. After spending 20 minutes to find the little white thing that flew off on the floor.. (was 3 inches away from my foot the whole time) I got it all back together, and yes, no x2 clicking when I don’t want it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob View Post
            I am tired of the double click on this computer. It's a Dell with XP. I looked all over to find how to change it to single, but can't find it. Any ideas how I can change this?
            The applications that run through double click are defaulted on the windows and i think you cannot change them. I am not sure... You can check by the way.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =