Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window install

hey fellows.my compaq sr1503 keeps giving me a box saying window install

then in the box it says preparing to install.then i have to wait until it goes away before i can start surfing. i appreciate your help ..stan

do you have auto update enabled?

Comment

installer

yeah i think so .should i?

Comment

install

hey guys.got one prob half fixed and created another.i accidently lost realplayer
        when i try to load it i get a hour glass a quick flash of realplayer logo but no load
        i apprecioate your help fellows
        regards...stan

Comment

Originally posted by stan31 View Post
          hey guys.got one prob half fixed and created another.i accidently lost realplayer
          when i try to load it i get a hour glass a quick flash of realplayer logo but no load
          i apprecioate your help fellows
          regards...stan
          I would try to download and install it again. http://www.real.com/ It is probably an upgrade and should write over any problems you are having...
          Try

Comment

win install

well the prob with down loading again is i paid 19.95 for real when i down load they want to cg my card again.i do appreciate your help
            stan

Comment

go to the realplayer site and get their phone number and call them, explain your situation. If you have the online reg number that will help. maybe the invoice number as well.

Comment

my wife's got the same unit you do - SR1503WM - we picked it up at a walmart last year. since then the unit had to go back to compaq/hewlett-packard to get the hard drive re-configured. Nothing I could do, the recovery files wouldn't work. I couldn't even get the cdrom to read the disks. system is backed up on the d partition of the hard drive.

Comment

window install

hay zee at unpacking this thing i copyed 10 disk of something called recovery
                  disk is there any thing on these that will help. thanks
                  stan

Comment

those disks are the recovery disks should you EVER need to reformat the c: drive. That's why recovery instructed you to burn ten disks. I did the same

Comment

window install

thanks for all the help fellows i called real and got the pgm reinstalled after i finaly could understand him he was in india.well after install i wanted to uninstall window messenger and itsays i dont a file of some sort missing.i'll keep trying.
                      regards to every one....stan

Comment

win install

thanks for all your help fellows but 1 more ? is ie7 worth installing?.
                        best wishes to every one ...stan in florida

Comment

IE7 stinks - lots of holes to fix

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =