Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad, bad IE7

I recently downloaded IE7 because I like the "tab" capability but after doing so, the HP Director icon on my monitor that I use to access my all-in-one printer-fax-scanner (PSC 2410) wouldn't work. Had to un-install IE7, go back to IE6 and re-run the printer software.
    I know Windows, itself, has it's own problems, but are there other apps that IE7 isn't compatible with?

Thanks,
    Dan

I too installed the upgrade thinking it would take care of all the beeps and whistles on ie -- it didn't! Matter of fact I hate it! Worse piece of crap they ever made. I made haste and un-installed it.

Comment

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ is so much better...
      Try

Comment

You're right!

Enough is enough. I'm tired of all the problems and self-serving excuses that are the mainstay of conversations with these people.

I've downloaded and installed Mozilla, so now I have both systems (IE & Mozilla) on my system. Thunderbird gave me problems so I'm staying with Hotmail but I noticed that when I re-boot the computer, the Windows screen still momentarily comes up.
        Do I need parts of that system or can I get rid of it entirely?
        Dan

Comment

the windows screeen is part of the self check on boot up. there is something somewhere that you can eliminate displaying bootup screen - but not sure if it is in the autoexec file or the boot.ini in windows

Comment

I use both IE7 and Firefox and they both have their shortcomings. I'm hesitant to upgrade to IE8 and thinking of going back to IE6 and Firefox.

Comment

What operating system are you running? Older operating systems don't support newer versions of Internet Explorer. Also yes, Firefox or Google Chrome are much better browsers but you should still keep IE up to date. Even if you don't use it (that is, as up to date as your Operating System allows).

Comment

Bad, bad IE7, that sucks

Comment

The IE7 is pretty old and there are other versions out there, with the newest being IE9. Should be better. But personally, I am a big fan of Chrome. Try it out, you might like it more than IE. Opera is good too.

Comment

Chrome

Give Chrome a try. I like it better than Firefox. Both are upgrades over IE(insert any number). I find Chrome easier to use but you have to get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =