Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• media player

hi fellows.i have 2 comp's 1has win xp home.2has win98-2 i need to know how i can load realplayer to a disk from comp1 and install it to 2. unit 2 does not have internet.i appreciate your help .stan in fla

if you have win xp with bundled software including a sonic record software and a cd read/write drive - run sonic in record data of your realplayer then just run the disk on comp 2

Comment

OK, this is what you need to do. Download from the internet the full version of Realplayer onto the XP machine. Burn that file onto a CD-R disk. Then load that onto the other unit. be sure to download it for Win98.

Info for you
      XP uses the NTFS file system
      Win98 uses the Fat file system. they are different and operate differently.

or IF you have a thumb drive, copy the file via the USB ports providing the Win98 unit has a usb port, and then drivers are need on the Win 98 unit the see the thumb drive. but the CD-R will be your best bet. (Win98 SE was suppose to support it)

other than that, you can connect it to the internet and download from there. a network card and a small five port router connected to your cable or DSL line will work, insure you get one with a built in firewall..... but this may be going to far

OR if you are going to play music (iTunes) and do videos and pictures, buy a iMac... I just started learning the OS and fixing the units... not bad.. they are a good machine..
      Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X
      =