Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going green....

In the interest of conserving energy, my wife put our computer system on a Power Sentry model PPP3275. All gets turned on/off when the 'master control' is turned on. In this case it's the tower. So....we had a small storm two nights ago. There were no blips that affected any other surge protectors. However, now the tower won't turn on! It's a Dell Dimension 4600. Is there an internal fuse that might be blown? I've been in that cabinet before, so that's not an issue. Any thing special I should look at?

Power Supply....

I pulled the power supply and checked the soldered-in-place fuse and it checked out okay. Am puzzled now as to what else it could be. Am I looking at getting a new power supply?

Comment

if I remember correctly, the unit uses a triac to turn on the power to the unit. so even if you have a master start box, docking station, the tower still needs to have its pushbutton pressed to turn on the machine.

Comment

Going green....

You're right about that, HayZee. That is how it worked. The problem now is that the computer will not turn on even when plugged directly to a wall outlet. That's why I'm thinking 'new-power-supply' time.

Comment

yOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT. mY DELL'S POWER SUPPLY CRAPPED OUT SO i GOT A 350 WATT POWER SUPPLY. i THINK i GAVE YOU THE SITE URL FOR A REPLACEMENT POWER SUPPLY - UH... ABSOLUTE SOMETHING.

Comment

I found that site for the power supplies.
            here 'tis: Affordablesurplus.com Discount Computer Power Supplies

Comment

Now what?

Installed a new power supply today. That was 47 bucks shot. Made no difference. I turned it ion and STILL nothing happened! I guess it's time to shake money at a repair service.

Comment

Power supply...

Well, Circuit City was really great about taking back that power supply. Got the bucks back for that just fine. took the computer in to ProTech in Jackson and they found there was something fried on the mother board. A bit over a hundred later and I have a system that runs better than new. Am really p[leased with a place that has great service and a great attitude.
                Also...thanks to all for the help.....

Comment

I had a motherboard that fried last year because of a lan board I installed that walmart sold me. they settled for a fee of 500 bucks. I found a machine that worked to my expectations.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =