Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best defrag software?

I am wondering what software can I use to defragment my hard drive? I searched online and found tons of defrag softwares are available on the internet. Its a bit daunting task to choose the best one. I want to know what software do you use to defragment your hard drive?
    Well, I would like to choose between Smart Defrag, Auslogics Disk Defrag, Defraggler or Defrag.

Thanks in advance.

use the one that came with WINDOWS. it's about good as any. REGISTRY MECHANIC has a good one and you can optimize your registry for peak performance.

Comment

I use Defraggler.

I've also heard good things about Auslogics.

As far as I can tell, the Windows program does a fine job but the others are a lot faster.
      Dan

Comment

What is wrong with the windows defrager? If you are using the Windows OS, then the windows defrag is all you really need.

Comment

Top 10 Defrag Programs

Hello,

May I suggest you check out The Best Top 10 Defrag Programs, although Windows Defrag is good it doesn't compare to the features of those programs and the low level defrag features.

edit: site can't even fill up a list of ten :edit
          Last edited by Troy; 03-05-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I use auslogics defrag. The free version is very fast and gives three options:

Analyze
            Defrag
            Defrag and optimize

It does a good job and tells you how much faster your computer is when finished.

It is solid. The default Windows defrag is not that great, plus it is extremely slow.

A top of the line defrag utility is O&O Defrag, but you need to buy it, so I stick with the free version of Auslogics Disk Defrag. you won't be disappointed with it, but make sure to get the latest version because they have improved it over the past year.

Comment

I also use Auslogics and have used Ashampoo and o&o in the past with good results.

Comment

Honestly,
                I've tried alot of them... you can go cnet and try some of the pc system utility softwares they have ratings of the defragmenting software. I used smart defrag. It had a nice system defrag software. Try it then delete it. Thats what i do for antivirus software too...

Comment

The pros use the built in defrag and schedule it to run at night so speed isn't any issue. So that's what I use and I've never had a problem.

There's even ways to make reports from the built in defrag software, I'd post a link but I'm not allowed and I can't remember where I saw that tip anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
                    use the one that came with WINDOWS. it's about good as any. REGISTRY MECHANIC has a good one and you can optimize your registry for peak performance.
                    Thanks you for the reply.
                    Last edited by carolyny476; 09-08-2010, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Diskkeeper is the only one I use...

Comment

Definitely Defraggler, it's free and works great.

Comment

Save your money

Originally posted by dealrocker View Post
                          I am wondering what software can I use to defragment my hard drive? I searched online and found tons of defrag softwares are available on the internet. Its a bit daunting task to choose the best one. I want to know what software do you use to defragment your hard drive?
                          Well, I would like to choose between Smart Defrag, Auslogics Disk Defrag, Defraggler or Defrag.

Thanks in advance.
                          Windox xp, vista, window 7, has these build into already and does a find job.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          =