Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no tools....

Working on a friend's computer today. The issue is there are no 'choices' at the top. The copy/paste, edit, file....none of that stuff. It used to be there. Friend does not know why it's gone, and I don't know how to get it back. Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance....

Yeah, press ALT and the letter F. Then check restore.

Comment

tools...

That was quick, HayZee! I followed the alt F direction and it all appeared. Almost successful. I'm not finding how to store or restore...where is that option located?

Comment

right below the title bar, right click that narrow space - about 1/8 inch wide, now check MENU BAR

Comment

Tool bar...

Thanks again for the help, HayZee. I'm now trying this in a 'remote' situation. The computer I'm helping with is about 90 miles away, so things may be a bit dusty between there, me and you. Please bear with me....
          While there, however, I did click as you said and we did get the pop ups for the tool bar. Unfortunately there was no 1/8" open space that would allow me to click 'restore' or 'menu bar'. Although all options do appear when alt F is pressed, any key pressed outside of those pop ups causes them to disappear. What am I missing?

Comment

1. Close all open Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows.
            2. Click Start, and then click Run.
            3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
            4. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
            HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
            5. Use one or both of the following steps, as appropriate for your situation:
            * For Windows Explorer: In the details pane, locate the Explorer subkey, and then open it. In the details pane, locate the ITBarLayout value. Right-click this value, and then click Delete.
            * For Internet Explorer: In the details pane, locate the WebBrowser subkey, and then open it. In the details pane, locate the ITBarLayout value. Right-click this value, and then click Delete.
            6. On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.

Comment

regedit info...

Thanks, HayZee. What should I expect after that? I suppose after closing that out to restart the machine? The next step wold be to open IE and will find the Yahoo tool bar on the Yahoo home page? ?

Comment

should be, my wife did a similar thing

Comment

Tool bar...

We followed those directions, HayZee. Joe then restarted the computer and went to Yahoo, but the bar was not there. I asked to try the alt/f again, and that stuff showed, but still am not able to get it to stay. I may schedule a trip there again next week and work directly on the computer. Any other suggestions?
                  Last edited by mrcaptainbob; 04-23-2010, 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling...

Comment

I went to the microsoft net site to get those instructions. log in to microsoft and ask the question about the menu bar

Comment

Microsoft Net site...

Will do. Thanks, HayZee....

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      =