Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to clean my laptop screen?

Hello everyone! What is the best way to clean my laptop's screen? I can see this strange layer type of stuff at sides, but it does not go away from regular cleaning. Any DIY and cheap method that does not have any negative affect on my screen? Thank you!

Hi DK!

Cleaning your laptop screen can be a bit tricky, especially with that stubborn residue on the sides. The safest DIY method is to use a microfiber cloth, which won’t scratch the screen. Here’s a step-by-step guide for a cheap and effective clean:

1. Turn off your laptop to avoid any damage or unwanted inputs while cleaning.
    2. Mix a solution of equal parts distilled water and white vinegar. Avoid using tap water, as minerals can leave streaks.
    3. Dampen a microfiber cloth (never spray directly on the screen). Gently wipe the screen in circular motions to remove any smudges or grime.
    4. For that layer of residue on the sides, you may need to apply a bit more pressure, but always use the cloth—not your fingers—and avoid pressing too hard on the screen itself.
    5. Let the screen air dry before turning the laptop back on.

This method should be safe and effective, but make sure to avoid using paper towels, as they can scratch the screen, or harsh chemicals like window cleaners that could damage the display. Hopefully, this helps clear up that residue! ​

Comment

Working...
    X