Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new PC

I'm planning to build a new PC for gaming and productivity. What are the most reliable, future-proof components I should invest in, particularly for the CPU and GPU?

Hi there!
    Here's a rundown of some top choices for CPU and GPU, along with other key components to consider:

CPU (Central Processing Unit):
    1. AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D or Ryzen 7 7700X
    2. Intel Core i7-13700K or i5-13600K

These CPUs offer excellent performance for both gaming and productivity tasks. The AMD options are known for their strong multi-core performance, while the Intel chips generally have a slight edge in single-core performance, which can benefit some games.

GPU (Graphics Processing Unit):
    1. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti or RTX 4080
    2. AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT or RX 7900 XTX

NVIDIA cards are known for better ray tracing performance and DLSS support, while AMD cards often offer better value for raw performance.

Other important components to consider:

1. Motherboard: Choose a model compatible with your CPU and with features you need (e.g., WiFi, multiple M.2 slots).

2. RAM: 32GB of DDR4-3600 or DDR5-5200 (depending on CPU/motherboard) is a good starting point for future-proofing.

3. Storage: A fast NVMe SSD for your operating system and frequently used applications, plus a larger SSD or HDD for mass storage.

4. Power Supply: A high-quality 750W-850W unit from a reputable brand should suffice for most builds.

5. Cooling: A good air cooler or AIO liquid cooler for your CPU, and a case with good airflow.​

Comment

Working...
    X