Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program running...

I left the machine for a few minutes when it went to the 'sleep' mode. At that time I was running one window of FireFox. But my icon claims two programs were running! So I closed out all programs and waited for it to sleep again and it came back with the claim of one program running. Hmmmm. So I opened three FireFox windows and waited. Now the claim comes back that still only two windows are running. Ookay. It appears the number of windows that I open is running under one 'program runniing'. But what is the other 'program running'? And how can I find out what it is?

Cntrl-alt-delete

Hit control + Alt + Delete this will bring up task manager. Look at what programs are currently running. You can end task through here.

Steve

Comment

Lol...also known as "the three finger salute"...lol
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Computer Running

Within the task manager you may close processes. And if that does not work, completely restarting will do the trick. For me java will sometimes hang up in Firefox and keep running even after I close the browser.
        Drywall Taping & Finishing For Beginners
        http://drywallinfo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Consultsteve View Post
          Hit control + Alt + Delete this will bring up task manager. Look at what programs are currently running. You can end task through here.

Steve
          Ctrl+Shift+Esc does it too.

Comment

I made a program in c++
            and when i was trying to use it on other pc it says
            MSVCP100D.dll was not found
            what is the problem?

Comment

It is better to shut your computer off than to let it run sleeping, but closing programs under task manager should help.

Comment

Program Running

I don't hit "the three finger salute" to activate the task manager...I find it easier to right click in the bottom task bar and click Task Manager..

Comment

Working...
                X
                =