Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump Pump

I'm in need of a sump pump, and was curious what everyone thinks would be the best one for me? I don't want to spend a ton of money, but you can't put a price on a basement not flooding. I have the sump hole already.

Thanks!

any FLOTEC sump pump would do. a cast iron unit as opposed to a plastic body would be in order. get one with a 1 1/4 inch discharge.

Comment

thank you i appreciate the info. is it hard to put a system in myself with drilling a hole in the house to the outside at all?

Comment

Nope, quite easy I'd say. The hard part is drilling a hole to the outside. If you are going through wood and siding a regular hole saw that provides clearance around the pipe is needed. If you are going through concrete block or a concrete wall a diamond tipped hole saw is needed. Get a vertical check valve for the outlet and see if you can find a counter balanced exhaust cap like they use for tractor's exhaust systems. This comes with a collar for attaching to a pipe end. The pipe can be pvc or cpvc plastic.

Comment

thanks for the info i'm still not sure if i'll do it myself yet, but it helps to know this stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =