Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane fireplace Troubles

I got rid of the propane company that use to supply my propane and brought my own tank & regulator. Since doing so I have not been able to get the propane which is coming out of the regulator to reach my fireplace. Need advice/help on what to do next

Propane fireplace Troubles

Originally posted by Dawoodster11 View Post
    I got rid of the propane company that use to supply my propane and brought my own tank & regulator. Since doing so I have not been able to get the propane which is coming out of the regulator to reach my fireplace. Need advice/help on what to do next
    What all do you have running on the LP gas?
    How big is your tank?
    Is it a two regulator system? one on tank and one on the house?
    What is the out door temp.?
    What size is your gas line from fireplace to the reg.? and how long is this line?
    Can you show me some pic. of you outside tank and lines? Paul
    paulm989@hotmail.com

Comment

The only thing the 100lb tank runs is the fireplaces and nothing else. I first installed it during the summer and it hasnt worked since. I have two fireplaces, upstairs and downstairs, the tank sits not even 4 ft from the fireplace down stairs and I still cant get it lit. I sent you the pictures that you asked for to your hotmail account from ewoodlands@aol.com.

Comment

Propane fireplace Troubles

Originally posted by Dawoodster11 View Post
        The only thing the 100lb tank runs is the fireplaces and nothing else. I first installed it during the summer and it hasnt worked since. I have two fireplaces, upstairs and downstairs, the tank sits not even 4 ft from the fireplace down stairs and I still cant get it lit. I sent you the pictures that you asked for to your hotmail account from ewoodlands@aol.com.
        If you take that gas line apart on the out side right where in enters the house, do you get gas coming out at that point? I don't know what valve you have in the top of that LP tank, but if it has one of those with a check built in it then you will not get gas out of it unless you have the right fitting screwed into it that will open the check valve. Check with you LP provider and tell them what you are doing. You will know you have a check valve if you take the line out of the tank, then open the tank and see if gas comes out Paul
        Last edited by HayZee518; 11-04-2011, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =