Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot tub concerns

Hi, My wife and I have inherited a large hot tub. We have a lot of garage space and she would like it placed in one of the bays. This will afford some security and privacy. The area in the garage has 2 large windows which would be great for ventilation/moisture control. I was planning on placing a small fan in one of the windows too.

Right now, I cannot afford to build a deck or covered area in our backyard, although that is my ultimate goal.

Just wanted to get everyone's 2 cents on any moisture concerns or other related problems I didn't think of.

Thanks -Gary

I don't think moisture would be a problem beacuse as soon as you take off the thermal cover, evaporation will take place. Do you intend to keep the temperature up when not in use? Is it's use in a cold temperature climate area or "down south?"

Comment

We're "down south".

We would probably keep it on stand by during the winter months, and the cover would be secured when not in use.

Thanks

Comment

Hot tubs can and do give off an extrodinary amount of moisture when they're being used. You'll be able to tell rather quickly if the windows and fan can handle it. My best advice would be to move it outside as soon as you can in order to prevent any problems. You'll also need to make sure it's wired properly. A power disconnect must be within site of the tub and at least 5 ft away. The power must also be GFCI protected.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =