Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the forum

Hey folks, I was excited to find a home repair forum. My wife and I are acquiring a hand-me-down house, and are slowly changing it to our style while we're still young enough to have the energy. I've put floating floors in 3 bedrooms, put in track lighting in our kitchen, painted several rooms, installed 2 ceiling fans, and several light fixtures. We're currently in the middle of installing spanish tile throughout a large room/hallway/bathroom, and have many more plans. I hope to benefit from your knowledge, and to help anyone else out with what knowledge I've gained.
    it never stops. ever.

Patrick,

Welcome to the forum!

Please join in on any topics. These forums work best when many people with different experiences share what they have done right and sometimes what they shouldn't have.

Good luck with your own projects.

Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

hey there I am new to this site and still trying to figure out how it works... (handy human I am but very computer slow.. ) anyway... I am in the middle of taking down accustic tiles from a master bedroom ceiling and find...plaster that looks like a cracked hard boiled egg... and as I am pushing on the ceiling I am getting Movement.. so I take out some plaster and wood above me is gray and not looking too healthy.. At this point praying I do not have joist rot. Tomorrow I am going on a trip to the attic to see whats really up there. so looking for any and all input... has anyone run into this problem and any cautions before I go check out the attic?? I will be looking here before I climb that ladder tomorrow but for now its Miller time! Thax bbyblujeans

Comment

Attic.....

Breathing mask and heavy gloves. A long sleeve shirt may not be a bad idea, too. Plenty of light. Use some boards that'll span three joists and wide enough for your knees. A couple 24"x 6' pieces would work.....

Comment

Working...
        X
        =