Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• covered patio

I am going to enclose my exisiting covered concrete patio. It has two pilars on each end. Looks like a pretty simple job- but I don't know how to attach around the pilars. I want them to show. Can you help

explain a little further please. -- are these "posts" plumb? what diameter are they? are they square or round? what is the span from one to the other? what type of roof are you looking for-- gable, lean-to?

Comment

covered patio

patio already has roof- concrete floor- I want to primarily glass in as much as possible and have a door on one side. the two pilars are stucco, and I only presume- wood underneath. pilars are four sided about 1foot by 1 foot- ect.. Thx for reply

Comment

you still didn't say what the span is from post to post and what kind of roof you desired. I'm thinking of two recourses. one - is a wooden framework with factory made sliding windows, the second is aluminum angle between posts and 1 1/2" aluminum vertical posts with double hung windows between them. The roof is another discussion.

Comment

covered patio continued.

span is 16' --- I do not need a roof - it is already there. I have ordered the glass windows and door- we are just looking for options around the existing stucco covered pillars- Can the stud walls be attached directly to the stucco? Thanks for your input.

Comment

OK, sorry bout the roof thingie - I didn't read thoroughly. the stucco is applied over a metal screen lath fastened to the wooden post. (least I'm hoping its a wooden post) somewhere out of the way, see if you can drive a long sheetrock screw into the post. if you can then I assume the post is wooden. THEN you can use the screws to fasten some sort of angle support for your horizontal member to support your windows, just don't butt them against the post and angle screw to the post, they won't support the weight.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =