Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminated countertops

I do a lot of remodeling etc....but have made many countertops of all sizes and shapes with formica/wilsonart etc (laminates). I usually use oak or pine for the edgings and backsplash caps. I can give anyone step by step instructions how to make to make theirs...just post or e-mail. There's actually only a couple real critical steps in the process that can cause catastrophe. This can all be done with a skill saw....miter saw...drill....router....and a couple router bits. If you don't have a brad nailer then would need a nail set as well. To make your own custom backsplash cap you would need a table saw but many mouldings can be found that would work just as well.

What is the best way to get out scratches on Wilsonart countertop? They aren't deep, just surface scratches.

Todd

Comment

"If a stain develops on the surface, wipe it away with soap and water or glass cleaner. If a stain doesn't respond to soap and water, and your surface has a matte finish, apply an abrasive cleanser and buff with a Scotch-BriteĀ® pad using a circular motion. The same technique can be used for cigarette burns, minor cuts and scratches. For a gloss finish, you should contact dealer or fabricator before attempting repairs. (See sink care & maintenance.)"

[8]

Comment

wow...an abrasive cleaner?.......I've had some luck with the laminate scratch/seam filler if you can get it to match up on color. I think they are telling you basically with that scotch pad that it "sands" the scratches out....if you have anything other than a dull matte finish I would think the surface would look dulled in that area. Let me know if it works though...interested to know.

Comment

Resurfacing Laminate Countertopos

I have dark grey laminate countertops and I want to change them. I was wondering if anyone has done this. I don't want laminate anymore. I would like to cover it with tile pieces, glass pieces or something else. I like the sheets that you can buy with all the pieces on them. Can anyone direct me to a site or someone who has done this with the step by step instructions for a do-it-yourselfer?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X
          =