Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calcium chloride...

My son asked how he might get rid of this stuff. It's in the tractor tires. Would pouring it down the municipal drain be bad?

The Calcium Chloride used in agricultural tractor tires is a salt-brine solution of calcium chloride and water. The purpose is to add traction weight to the tractor, which could be done just as easily with plain water, but you would then be confronted with the problem of the water freezing in winter. The inclusion of calcium chloride serves as an anti-freeze.

I would suggest you call your local agricultural tractor tire dealer to see if your community has any specific ordinances about disposing of the brine, but in most areas you can just discard it into a public sewer. (Do not discard it into a septic system)

Comment

calcium chloride is the same ice melt pellets they sell in the big box stores. it is the same stuff they spread on dirt roads to absorb air borne moisture to keep the dust down. so I don't see why pouring it down the regular sewer would matter. the stuff "in the wild" just goes into the soil.

Comment

Chloride

That's what I figured, too. Thanks, guys.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =