Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown's Gas - opinions and comments

I looked at a posting on the AP in my newsfeed about some guy in california filling up his chevy suv from california's first hydrogen supply station. His vehicle uses a fuel cell.
    I also looked at a site that advertises making your own HHO generator from hardware store bought items.
    A site says "run your car on water!" The water needs to be broken down into its elementary form, that is two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen the resulting gas is called Brown's gas. This you feed into your vehicles fuel line to be burned in place of gasoline. They say its more efficient than gasoline and its by products are just water vapor and oxygen. What you guys think? The reaction chamber is a mason jar with distilled water, two electrodes and some baking soda [sodium bicarbonate] because pure distilled water is non conductive.

A friend of mine is trying to get it working

A friend of mine purchased a kit like you describe. Apparently, there are different names for it and different companies but we are guessing that they are all the same product or at least they all work the same.

He believes in it and he wants to get it working on his girl friend's car and if that works he will put it on mine.

Along with the kit came a plan for making "charged" drinking water. He had to change the design a little to get it working. He made one for himself and then he made one for me. We think the water is better (healthier).

You will somehow have to evaluate it for yourself. I don't really understand the technology very well. But my friend seems to understand it and believe in it. I think he paid about $100, perhaps a year ago.

Also, you might try other forums and see if you can find anyone who has already tried it, just to be sure before you buy.

Comment

HHO or brown's gas is just water broken down by electrolysis. you feed twelve volts of current into a beaker with water and sodium bicarb. regular distilled water is non-conductive. anyway the baking soda makes a sort of electolyte water solution so it does conduct. oxygen is given off one electrode, hydrogen gas is given off the other electrode. the two gases are mixed together as a gas and is fed into your air stream of the carberator or air stream in a fuel injected motor. the increase of hydrogen and oxy is supposed to make your car get an increase of overall mpg. its supposed to combust the gas into finer particles for burning and yer supposed to get more mpg out of the fuel.

Comment

Oxyhydrogen is often mentioned in conjunction with devices that claim to increase automotive engine efficiency or to operate a car using water as a fuel. Because the energy required to split water exceeds the energy recouped by burning it, these devices reduce, rather than improve fuel efficiency.[9]

Ref. Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
        X
        =