Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baement water problem

I have a stone foundation,and a concrete basement floor.after heavy rain or snow melt,I get water in my basement.I am planning on doing 1 of 2 possible methods to correct my problem.1.I was planning on trying to find some form of adhesive to bond and build a small channel to try and get the water to run along the wall to a sump.
    or 2.cut the floor approx.6to 10 inches from around the wall and dig a trench down far enough to angle a drain pipe towards a sump tub.I would then cover with gravel and then concrete over the top.I'm sure that the second way would be the best,but it is alot of work.Should I go the whole 9 yards or go with an easier method?Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank you!

Bob,

Can you make any changes to your landscaping to reduce /prevent the water from coming up to your foundation to begin with? By simply building up the area closest to the house, redirecting/extending your downspouts, and/or digging a shallow drainage ditch to redirect surface water you may see an improvement.

A properly installed draintile would be the next thing I would tackle.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Working...
    X
    =