Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooded House

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Here is my situation, my house was flooded this spring due to the river. We have a flood wall in the back that is about 4 feet high. We only got about 6 inches of water, but we had to gut the basement since we had paneling. We are looking to sell the house and my wife and i have a disagreement on what would better sell the house. I want to sheetrock the basement and try to sell the house. My wife wants to raise the flood wall up another 2 feet.

So now the basement is gutted and just framed. I think someone would want to buy a house that is finished, rather than having the floodwall raised.

We do agree on one thing, and that is putting in a sump pit in the basement.

I would like some opinions on what I should do, fix the basement or raise the flood wall.

Oh, the water got 6 inches above our floodwall too.

Raise the flood wall for the time being....It will be difficult to sell the house when people come to know about the flood problem. solve it first.

Comment

It will take a lot of work and money to get the wall raised about 2 feet. I'd rather spend money on inside the house and put it for sale and try to sell.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =