Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underground downspout drainage lines

Not sure where this question should go?

What's the best way to clear out these lines? I've gone as far as my arm will reach but they're still plugged up with dirt for who knows how far after that.

Thanks,
    Dan

what terminates the drain lines? pvc? do they go to a small "dry well?"

Comment

Not exactly sure as they were put in by the previous owners but there is a black, plastic pipe coming out of, and emptying onto, the ground near the property edge and the wet area between myself and a neighbor.

I'm guessing that's it.

If so, I could probably go backwards from that opening but that gives me a run of about 60 feet.
      Dan

Comment

go to a rental place and get a motorized drain auger with the right sized cutter and run that up inside it. if it is plastic the whole length then shouldn't be any roots inside it BUT if it is black abs plastic that was laid end to end without cemented couplings then I'll bet roots are inside at each joint.

Comment

One thing you can use is the old-fashioned plunger...If it is a slight clog, you can use drain opening chemicals or you can try the drain-and trap auger wire.

Comment

I've had a plumber with a heavy duty hose used to clear septic lines come out and he did that but I can't find (and neither could he) where the drain "comes to daylight". It's not where I thought. If that section is clogged, it doesn't matter how clean the other lines are, the system still won't work.

I'm now trying to clear the heavily grown brush between my house and a neighbor in an effort to find the outlet.

A friend told me to try using those dye packets normally used for plumbing problems so that if there is any flow at all, I might be able to find it.
            Dan

Comment

Working...
            X
            =