Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telephone line issue....

A neighbor's house has a land line. It went 'dead. Well, sort of... no dial tone. The phone rings, when answered it's dead. Hang it back up and it continues ringing. A phone company issue or is it an 'in the house' issue?

Look for the Network Interface Device (NID) on the outside of the house. It's a gray plastic box with a cover you can open by unscrewing an ordinary slotted-head screw. Use an ordinary phone to plug into the test jack on the gray plastic module inside. If the phone works normally, then the problem is in the house. Click image for larger version

Name:	Customer Telephone Test.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	96626

Comment

Wish it had that, Adnadeau. I have what you're describing on my house, but apparently his has never been updated. His is a smallish box, about 2.5 inches wide, three inches tall and maybe an inch and a half deep. Has a slip off cover. two one inch plastic conduits on the bottom. Box is barely large enough for them. Inside are two terminals. Box is ju u u ust large enough for them and the wires. Wires look pretty old. LOADED with bug bodies! Cleaned that out, verified connections, but that was the limit. It does not have an exterior receptacle for verifying house line integrity.
      The plan now is for the company to verify line integrity. If it's good then I will string new wire for them.
      Thanks for the suggestion, Ad.....

Comment

Working...
      X
      =