Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, no BB Code yet. Maybe it has to be over 21 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbump View Post
      Nope, no BB Code yet. Maybe it has to be over 21 posts.
      I think it's actually 30 posts. I'm in a hotel and barely have internet access, so it's hard for me to tell.

Thanks!!
      Try

Comment

No problem,

I'll just have to get more wordy.

Comment

Hi Hayzee,

Thanks for that friendly reminder.

I can't consider myself as a new member in this site, because I've already been a member for a long time now, but this is my first post since I've become a member..

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
            I would say that the outright ban on signature links is a factor which could inhibit many knowledgeable in the trades from bothering to post answers here.
            I'd call it a one hand washes the other relationship so to speak...

In fact I originally found this site through a member who was banned for a signature link in a thread where some really bad advice was being given out...
            I came here to attempt to clear up that bad advice...

I can see a one post wonder from China or, India with a signature link being a problem as clearly they are link spammers.

But I'd say when it comes down to regular posting members that are here almost all the time, answering posts related to their trade, maybe there should be a little give back from the forum for their service.

I mean face it! This forum isn't exactly the top home repair forum on the web, and our quality answers are needed to make it grow. Duct tape, bubble gum and bailing wire repair recommendations sure aren't going to make this place grow. You don't get those answers from the pro's, so what is the problem with letting them link their business in a signature?

I have a plumbing website I own not at all related to my plumbing work that has a large number of informational articles related to plumbing that also has traffic slightly higher than this site...
            So I really don't care...
            But I can see where a pro with a business would like to have a signature link to their business... I think they should be entitled to one as a payback for providing the answers they give here...
            Wow,

that was really great..

anyways..

I am a new member here..

been searching for some good and correct advices, for me to be able to learn more also

Comment

I now have 33 posts and BB Code is still turned off. Apparently the signature thing doesn't kick in after 30 posts.

Comment

I now have 33 posts and BB Code is still turned off. Apparently the signature thing doesn't kick in after 30 posts.
                speedbump, check now to see if you can. I found a couple of settings that may have cancelled each other out. Let me know how it is now please.

In general guys, we'll have a new big release in about four or six weeks, so be patient with any issues, and please bring them to our attention. If you want things to be a certain way, let me know and I'll try to make it so. Thanks!
                Try

Comment

Wow Troy, you turned on all kinds of BB Code stuff. I've never seen so many different things on a forum before. I played with the VBulletin trial for a few days. There sure is a lot of stuff to turn on and off. It boggles the mind.

I should have a signature now.

Thanks,

bob...

Comment

Wow Troy, you turned on all kinds of BB Code stuff. I've never seen so many different things on a forum before. I played with the VBulletin trial for a few days. There sure is a lot of stuff to turn on and off. It boggles the mind.

I should have a signature now.

Thanks,

bob...
                    I know there are security concerns with allowing some things, which is one of the reasons I err on the side of caution. If you see something you can do but probably shouldn't be able to then please let me know
                    Try

Comment

Will do. I see you have html turned off. That's a good thing.

Comment

New to the forum and will be trolling for information!

Comment

New member here. Just bought an old house and think I will need lots of help. Looking forward to finding some good tips

Comment

hello, Dave here.. a newbie from this community

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            =