Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure it fits first

Wife and I are building a house. I orderd the tub/shower units(one piece) and realized at delivery that one of them would not fit through the door. I left studs out inside for these things, but forgot and installed the front door before getting the tubs. I felt kinda stupid when the delivery guy said where do you want this one, on the porch? I said naw man, I want to put it in the house! He said it ain't going through that door........AAAAAAAHHH!

Wouldn't be so bad in this old house that was built in 1885. My entry doors and all the doors on the first floor are 40" openings. Just a little hard to find replacements if you one.

Comment

Originally posted by JCA1
      Wife and I are building a house. I orderd the tub/shower units(one piece) and realized at delivery that one of them would not fit through the door. I left studs out inside for these things, but forgot and installed the front door before getting the tubs. I felt kinda stupid when the delivery guy said where do you want this one, on the porch? I said naw man, I want to put it in the house! He said it ain't going through that door........AAAAAAAHHH!

Ahhh...just tear out a wall.

It will give the wife something to repair when you get the tub unit in.

Comment

Yeh, MAKE SURE IT FITS FIRST!!
        I had the same problem, a couple wanted me to install a garden tub in their house, I told them ok and they said they already ordered it. Well when I got to the house, there it sat. Tried every way to get it in and finely had to take it up on the roof of the first floor, remove the master bedroom window, rearrange some furniture, remove the master bedroom door, get it down the stairs, remove 2 steps at the bottom plus some of the header, and still had to push and pull to get it in. Took about 4 hours of demolition, 4 hours of manuvering, but finly got it in. Best part? They had a fit because the bill was more than the estimate, wonder why? Oh, and they had a concrete floor and did not want me to cut the floor to install the drains because they were afraid of water getting in, and no, they did not want it on a platform as then they said it would be too high. Can not please everyone huh?
        Last edited by ABP; 01-28-2006, 11:03 PM.
        If you think a professional is expensive,
        Just see what till you see what an amature will cost you!!

Comment

Working...
        X
        =