Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on my freezer??

Hey all,

I have a question in regards to my Samsung RL. I just bought it a few years back and was really happy with it so far but for some reason the freezer department wont work anymore for a few days now...

Iit has been working like a trooper for two years now but I dont know what to do about the freezer. Everything else works just fine and I dont wanna pay loads of money to have it repaired in a shop, so is there an easy way to fix it myself?

Thanks so much for any help!

Product identification necessary for meaningful assistance

Samsung RL
    I'm sorry but I have no idea what that is. What would be needed to trace the product is its exact model number.

Whether the appliance is in North America would also be useful to know since Samsung sells product globally.

the freezer [compartment] wont work anymore
    If whatever model of fridge you have is a frost-free model, the page at the following link might offer some possibilities for that condition.

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Hi Dan, my fridge is the Samsung RL44ECPS. I bought it in the UK, thats where I live... And no, it is a fridge and freezer and that just wont work anymore.. Thanks for your help!

Comment

fridge is the Samsung [model] RL44ECPS bought it in the UK
        I'm afraid I do not have access to parts list for that model to look up how it was designed. I'm afraid without knowing the appliance design it will be difficult to give accurate information.

And no, it is a fridge and freezer
        Most refrigerator/freezers are a frost free design in which case the link I supplied previously likely has related information about its proper functioning. Only if your model has a separate cooling system for each compartment might that information not be applicable.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Oh well then. I tried to link a page which had a my fridge on it but couldnt do so...
          Thanks anyway for your help. I appreciate your time

Comment

I tried to link a page which had a my fridge on it
            A picture of it? That wouldn't help anyway. I would need to see how it was constructed which a parts list and its associated diagrams could help with.

You might need to try a local company to see if they can offer suggestions... other than the ones at the link I provided previously.

Good luck!

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =