Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I smell gas

Hi, Tomorrow I call Jenn-Air to talk this through, but they didn't impress me the only other time I called. I have a new gas range. When the oven is used on bake, I always (used 3 times so far) smell gas. There is no smell of gas when the oven is off.

Is this normal? I have never had a gas range before.

When the oven is used on bake, I always (used 3 times so far) smell gas. Is this normal?
    There might be a slight gas smell while in use but probably no more than when the surface burners are being used.

I have never had a gas range before.
    Is it operating on natural gas or propane?

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I called the manufacturer

Range is using natural gas. The manufacturer claims I will smell a strange smell for about the 1st 10 uses. Something about factory coatings getting seasoned. Also said I may always have a slight rotten eggs smell when using oven as not every last amount of gas is burned efficiently? The smell funnels 1/2 way down my staircase 15 feet away. Strange.

Comment

Something about factory coatings getting seasoned.
        That is possible. Keep an eye on it or you can ask that it be checked out for your own peace of mind.

BTW. Warranties usually only cover defects in material and workmanship. If there is no problem found the service would NOT usually be covered by the warranty. Many manufacturers will however often allow 1 (one) 'customer education' call to the owners of a new product. They don't have to but will often do so for "customer goodwill".

LINK > Appliance411: The Purchase: Appliance Warranties

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =