Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE profile refridgerator problem

Hi there,
    First time user on this site , Hope someone can help me out with some advice...
    Having problems with my GE profile bottom freezer refrigerator... the past few weeks noticing that my freezer was not as cold as it usually is and today it was even worse.
    I thought i would take a look inside so i removed the panel inside the fridge (on the bottom) and noticed ice forming around a portion of the coils ... i took advice from another member and took out my blow dryer and removed all the ice...a few hours later i noticed that frost was forming on the same area...can anyone help me with this problem? thanks

GE profile bottom freezer refrigerator
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

Forum Notice LINK > Please include Make and Model # in post

i removed the panel inside the fridge (on the bottom) and noticed ice forming around a portion of the coils
    Is this in the refrigerator section or freezer section??

noticed ice forming around a portion of the coils
    Clear "ice" or white snow-like "frost"? It is an important distinction.

The evaporator (cooling) coil should frost evenly across the whole surface. (See 'Refrigeration System Problems' described at the following link).

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =