Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool frontload automatic washer problems

Hey all, been a while since ive visited! Having a problem with my washer recently. It seems that during loads of laundry when the washer drains water comes out of the drain pipe and onto the floor. Ive run a snake down my standpipe for as far as it would go and attached it to my drill and ran it all the way back up and the pipe came back clean. So I wouldnt think theres any blockage in there. My washer standpipe follows specifications for the washer, I have it go up a minimum for 30inch from the floor as per the directions in the manual. Most I can figure is the drain hose may be a little short and its splashing back out after it hits the stand pipe, but It really doesnt seem like its so short that it would do that. I've yet to buy an extension and try that, but any other ideas what could be causing this?

edit: my standpipe is 2" and I also have a vent pipe that goes directly up from my standpipe
    Last edited by Tinkee; 01-30-2011, 01:05 PM.

Not washer problem?

Having a problem with my washer recently. It seems that during loads of laundry when the washer drains water comes out of the drain pipe and onto the floor.
    Is this a new appliance or has it operated properly in that location before?

Most I can figure is the drain hose may be a little short and its splashing back out after it hits the stand pipe
    I've never heard of such a case. The drain hose shouldn't need to be stuffed into the pipe for any great length.

PS. Don't try to seal the drain hose into the standpipe. It needs to be able to breath (see the following link).

LINK > My washer doesn't seem to be able to hold water. What's the problem?

If needed an adapter is available to help prevent splashing while maintaining an air gap but my guess is still a problem with the drain.

LINK > Standpipe Adapter

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

It is a new appliance. Had it about 6 months now, but for the last 5 months its worked fine wth no problem in that same location.

So if i get an adapter to prevent splashing, if the water backs up could it go up my standpipe vent and into my walls?

Comment

the last 5 months its worked fine wth no problem in that same location.
        Than something has changed in the drain system, not the machine.

if i get an adapter to prevent splashing, if the water backs up could it go up my standpipe vent and into my walls?
        1. A standpipe shouldn't vent into the walls.

2. The adapter is not an air tight seal. If water in the standpipe backed up it would come out through the adapter aeration holes.

I suggest you call a plumber to look into why the standpipe isn't draining properly any longer. Maybe the vent is blocked rather than the drain?

JMO

Dan O.
        Last edited by Dan O.; 02-01-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =