Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frigidaire Oven LED display has gone blank.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire Oven LED display has gone blank.

The LED display on my Frigidaire gas range has gone blank. Pressing the buttons no longer does anything. I can't turn on the oven.

The stove-top works fine. The electric sparkers click as usual and I'm getting a gas flame. Just the display is out of commission and the display/buttons are what control the oven.

I'm hoping this is just a fuse issue? I haven't pulled the oven away from the wall yet, but even when I do I'm hoping someone can tell me what to look for back there and what to replace.

Can anyone help?

Model FGF379WE C

JOHN

Model number incomplete

Frigidaire gas range [model FGF379WE C ]
    That model number is incomplete. There should be another letter at the end. Eg. FGF379WEC_

The display has gone blank
    Has anyone check for power getting to the electronic control? That would likely be a first step in trying to determine the cause.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

This is going to raise an eyebrow, I know, but I don't know how to check if power is getting to the control panel.

A buddy gave me a little $10 volt meter last year, but I've never used one before.

Is it a quick and easy explanation?

-JOHN

Comment

Caution!

I can't tell you exactly how to go about it. Someone will need either look at the range wiring or the wring diagram to determine the power circuit to the control. Once isolated, any volt meter could be used to test for voltage at the connecting terminals.

Testing on a 'live' appliance can be dangerous!
        If you are unfamiliar with safety procedures you might want to call in a professional.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =