Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenn Air Convection Oven Built in.

Hello Everyone !
    I stumbled upon this site and have read a few posts and found them helpful. I do have a question about a Jenn Air convection Oven. It was in the house when we moved and I was getting ready to do some kitchen updates and when I pulled it out of the cabinet I found something disturbing. The cord coming out of the oven was just wire nutted to the wire coming out of the wall. No junction box or anything. I would post a model # and serial # but they are unreadable. It is fairly old and I have contacted Jenn Air and they said they recommend that their ovens are hard wired. So my question is this ! If I hard wire could I not just install a junction box and wire nut it in the box and that be safe and up to code ? If not what are my options ? I'm sorry I try to stay away from electrical as much as I can.

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated !

Thanks

the guy before you was probably just anxious to wire it and see it work or just plain stupid. any spliced joint should be enclosed in a junction box of some sort. for your own peace of mind go buy a 4 11/16 square j box, cover plate and a 3/4 romex connector. I'm assuming the wire size is around a #6. get another connector that will accomodate your range pigtal and some scotchlok or ideal wirenuts.

Comment

Thanks,

That is what I thought I would do so thanks a lot. Like I said I try to stay away from too much wiring but when it comes down to it I do have to do some things.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =