Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchenaid Dishwasher Pump Problem

Kitchenaid dishwasher KUDR01TJBR0 had pump humming problem with no water delivery. Found chopper replacement article and took out screen and chopper which had a piece of broken glass inside , jamming up chopper. Chopper was slightly bent but not broken replaced all (twice to make shure everything was free) and none of the sprayers are turning. How do I tell if the motor is turning over....or trying to??

How do I tell if the motor is turning over?
    You mean running? I would think from the sound it was making or vibration it was producing. Its amperage draw might also be tested if you had am ammeter.

...or trying to??
    If the motor was trying to run but failing for some reason, it would likely hum until it cut out on its internal overload protector. After some period of time the protector might reset and repeat the sequence of humming and then stopping. An amperage test would also confirm whether it was trying to run or not.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks for the info....I shut off water....opened door....closed switch in door and turned on washer. NO movement. I took out pump and motor...then removed motor and found front part of shaft with plastic rotor frozen. I pulled end caps off motor....squirted some penetrating oil on front shaft...that freed up the pump rotor. Everything is back together and works better than ever...........THANKS for putting me on right track.

Comment

squirted some penetrating oil on front shaft...that freed up the pump rotor.
        Glad to hear it. We'll keep our fingers crossed your quick fix will last for a while.

BTW. Was there any signs of leaking around the motor? If water got into the motor bearings it might cause it to seize up.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

No leakage before or after. I'm a little puzzled about why it seized up myself. The shaft has bushings not bearings and the clearances are pretty close. I didn't have "c" clip remover to take the pump rotor off, so penetrating oil had to do. Let's hope it has some life left before it seizes again.

Comment

Hello Friend,

I have just same problem like you. But it somehow different in case of mine. Here fan is vibrating and make louder sound so i am afraid,i think if motor will burst than total washer will damaged. So if you have any idea than please share with me.

Thanks and Regards,
            Daniel Smith

Comment

Working...
            X
            =