Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag Stacked Laundry Dryer flame does not stay ignited

I have a Maytag Stacked Laundry model LGS7806ABE that the flame will not stay ignited. On any setting on start up, the ignitor glows and then the flame comes on. After 40 seconds to 1 minute, you can hear a click (assuming relay) and the flame goes out. Shut dryer off, wait to cool, try again and it does the same thing. If I turn it back on immediately after turning off, the ignitor does not come on, only after cooling down.
    Any help is appreciated.

Check venting first

the ignitor glows and then the flame comes on
    The ignitor should shut off just before the flame lights.

Shut dryer off, wait to cool, try again and it does the same thing. If I turn it back on immediately after turning off, the ignitor does not come on, only after cooling down.
    The dryer may be overheating and cutting out the burner as a safety precaution. Has anyone thoroughly checked the dryer venting (all the way from the dryer to the outdoors) for clogs and obstructions? It is a prime candidate for causing overheating.

LINK > Clothes Dryer Venting

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I disassembled the vent and it is clean from inside the dryer to all the way outside.

Comment

the vent is clean from inside the dryer to all the way outside.
        And it is still acting the same?

If so, someone could try to see if the burner assembly is still being powered at the time of failure. NO power to the burner would indicate some part of the control system (thermostats, etc.) is responsible for the burner shutdown. If power to the burner IS still present, than a problem at the burner itself is likely responsible.

The most common cause of your symptom at the burner is a failure of the solenoid coils (see the following link) on the burner gas valve. They are famous for working for a while then opening up (electrically speaking) once they get warm with use.

LINK > Maytag LSG7806ABE Dryer Burner Solenoid Kit
        (a part replacement video is also at the above link but is for different brand and design of dryer. The burner shown should be similar to yours though.)

The solenoid coils may be able to be checked for continuity at the exact time of failure to confirm they are the problem. They should have continuity at all times. They would have to be tested quickly and before they had a chance to cool again.

Disconnect power before servicing!

BTW. The model number you originally posted (LGS7806ABE) is incorrect. I assume you just transposed a couple of letters and it should be LSG7806ABE.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =