Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile refrigerator suddenly stops/starts

I have a GE Profile refrigerator model psc23nswa. It will suddenly stop cooling the freezer and refrigerator. The lights are on and the led reads the temp but no sound of it running. Just as everything starts to melt it will suddenly come back on and freeze again. Any ideas what may cause this?

the led reads the temp
    Are the temperatures displayed accurate?

The lights are on but no sound of it running.
    It might be in a defrost cycle at that time?

Just as everything starts to melt
    Already frozen foods start to melt?? It would have to be off for a considerable amount of time before that would occur.

Any ideas what may cause this?
    It might be staying in the defrost cycle for too long or the control just might not be cycling the compressor and fans back on as it should. A problem with the temperature thermistor(s) might be responsible for either or a problem with the electronic control might be responsible for the latter.

Electronically controlled models like you have can be difficult to diagnose. You might want to consider having a GE *factory authorized* service technician check it out for you. I will warn you however that intermittent failures are the hardest to track down and if not occurring right when the technician was there, the cause might not be able to be pinpointed.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you Dan. I had a feeling it was going to be a difficult one since it has only done it 3 times in the last 7 mos., I may have to wait and see if it becomes more frequent. At least I have a back up fridge to transfer stuff to, but it is still a pain in the neck.

Sandy M.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =