Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't put door on Maytag wall oven

Maytag MEW6530DDB. We bought the oven and instuctions said to take the door off. Simple enough. We installed oven and followed direction to put the door back on, but it just won't. The latch, when you pull it back, won't stay,it just snaps back and I can't find a clip or anything to hold it.

With the style of hinge used on your model there should usually be a hole through the blade of the hinge where some sort of pin (eg. nail, etc.) can be inserted to keep the hinge open while off the appliance. Once reinstalled, the pin can be removed to allow normal functioning of the hinge again.

Maytag MEW6530DDB Oven Door Hinge *LINK*

BTW. That pin should have been installed before door removal. I'm surprised the instructions didn't mention it.

JFYI

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 05-02-2011, 12:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I pulled the latch as far out as I could and I just don't see any hole

Comment

I pulled the latch as far out as I could
        You pulled it out as far as you could or as far as it goes?? That could be two different things.

I don't know how else to do it with the type of hinge that looks to be on your model. If you can't get it on yourself you might have to call a local Maytag technician to reinstall the door for you. Sorry.

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =