Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermador electric cooktop, coil burners cracked...

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermador electric cooktop, coil burners cracked...

Hi friends,

When I turn on any of the other 3 burners this cracked burner heats up and ejects some sparks at the crack. If I replace this burner will this solve the problem or will the new burner also automatically come on? The cook-top worked fine before this burner problem.

Thank you in advance for your helpful suggestions.
    - Daniel Smith.

Possible dangerous condition!

Thermador electric cooktop
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

Forum Notice LINK > Please include Make and Model # in post

When I turn on any of the other 3 burners this cracked burner heats up and sparks
    Power should only be switched to the that element when its switch is turned on. Each element should function separately from one another.

If I replace this burner will this solve the problem or will the new burner also automatically come on?
    There may be multiple problems in the appliance but since the element is definitely needed, try replacing it and see what happens.

BTW. Operating the cooktop with a defective element could be a shock or electrocution hazard.

I suggest use of the appliance be discontinued until it can be looked into. The best idea would be to disconnect power from the whole appliance in the mean time and not just rely on it being turned off at its switches.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 05-04-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =