Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frigidaire Refrigerator Help

I have a frigidaire refrigerator (model #FRT1856AQH) that is 6 yrs. old. It is an 18.2 cubic ft. size with no ice maker. It has the standard top freezer and bottom refrigerator. For the past 3 or 4 days it will come on and run for about 10 minutes, cut off for about 15 minutes, then back on for 10 and the cycle steadily continues. I turned the cold setting to the max of 6. It is still keeping things cold but I can tell that they are not as cold as they normally would be. I'm a rookie when it comes to refrigerator repair. Any suggestions on what I could check or what the problem may be? I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thought I would see if it might be a simple fix or if it would be a problem worthy of calling a repair man.

I turned the cold setting to the max of 6. It is still keeping things cold but I can tell that they are not as cold as they normally would be.
    Are you just referring to the refrigerator compartment or the freezer compartment... or both??

Any suggestions on what I could check or what the problem may be?
    You can read about possible causes for cooling problems in refrigerators at the following link.

LINK > My frost free refrigerator is not cooling properly. What might be the problem?

Thought I would see if it might be a simple fix or if it would be a problem worthy of calling a repairman.
    A start will be checking the possibilities suggested at the link above.

If you need further assistance please report the results of your tests and observations... as well as a clarification of the problem symptom.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

I was refering to the refrigerator compartment. After posting this thread and before I could get around to checking the suggestions at the link you provided, the refrigerator started working normal again. I had to turn the thermostat setting for the refrigerator part back down some. The freezer part is working fine. I'll keep an eye on it and post again if a problem arises. Thanks for your help!

Comment

The freezer part is working fine.
        Even while the fridge compartment was warmer than normal??

The amount of cooling that takes place in the fridge compartment is directly related to how well the freezer is functioning and the air flow between the compartments. If the freezer was definitely working properly there must have been something hampering the air flow. Maybe a frost or ice buildup in the freezer section or in the air ducts?

Make note of both compartment *actual temperatures* should the problem manifest again. In the case of the fridge section, test the temperature of a liquid in that compartment for the most accurate temperature reading.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =