Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator Water and Ice dispensor problem

Hi. I am new to forum. Here is my problem, I have a fairly new KitchenAid Model #KFIS25XVMS2. When I go to get water or ice, the refrigerator just beeps at me one time. I have pulled the filter and am using the bypass plug and have unplugged and plugged the refer back in. Is there something simple I might be missing or should I just call a repairman after the holiday?

THANKS
    Last edited by Cavdad; 05-29-2011, 09:10 PM.

The only simple thing I can think of is maybe the dispenser lockout is on. Check the instruction booklet about that feature.

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Hi Dan, Per your reply, I messed with the lockout last night, even though the indicator light was off. It still would not dispense. Don't know what happened, but this morning everything is working fine.

FYI, I turned on the lockout and the problem is identical to when the lockout is on.

Thanks for your help!! Sounds like I should get hold of KitchenAid service since it is still under warranty.

Comment

I should get hold of KitchenAid service since it is still under warranty
        You could report it to them (they might make a record of it) but unless the problem is actually occurring when they arrive, it is pretty unlikely they will be able to determine the problem. You might have to use it until it occurs again and then call for service.

JMO

Dan O.
        www.Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Another possibility

I just thought of something else. The dispenser might act that way if the door was open at the time or the door switch wasn't being activated properly.

JFYI

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =