Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dorm size fridge thermostat??

I have a "Husky" brand dorm-sized fridge that i won @ work about 5 years ago. Works well but i have always noticed that it seems to cool much more in fall and spring. I have it out on my covered porch. There is a rotating controll on the back that i always set to the max (5). My beer always seems much much colder in fall and spring. Summer time its not really as cold as i like it to be. Does the outside air temp got something to do with the way the thermostat works???? I've always wondered. Any help appreciated

Does the outside air temp got something to do with the way the thermostat works?
    No but the ambient temperature does affect the fridge's ability to cool.

The hotter the surrounding air, the harder the fridge has to operate in order to cool the inside. On a small fridge there usually isn't much excess cooling capacity to cover any extra heat. Also, each time you open the door all the cold air 'falls' out and is replaced with the warmer surrounding air which the fridge then needs to cool all over again.

Making sure the evaporator (cooling) coil doesn't get excessively frosted is about the best you can do. Defrost it regularly... but not using a sharp object!

JMO

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
    Last edited by Dan O.; 06-05-2011, 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
    X
    =