Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 leisure bay hot tub model 1g2

after activation primary pump cycles on and off 5 or 6 times then starts clickinf error code FLO . about 60 seconds repeats this activity. at this time controls do not answer. this cycle continues about 5 minutes then starts functioning properly. controls are answered ect. temp was set at 90 degrees, and upon reaching it primary low speed shut off. then again the tub started the first activity again until i threw the breaker. a week earlier i had replacet the primary pump. i did not disconnect the motor , the wire was long enough to replace the wet head beside the tub. need help on diagnosis also a list oferror codes.

more info on leisure bay

i searched for error codes and found them under balboa. FLO error code is for improper flo or pressure switch malfunction. i removed heater and checked for obstruction nothing. it appears that i am as well off purchasing the entire heater assembly for the heater is about 10 yrs old, the rubber o rings are falling apart and the pressure costs about 1/2 the entire assembly. i did drain the tub and refill. after restarting i received the same experience.worked to temp and jyrated mon and off till primary motor overheated. i do have trouble feeling that a new switch will solve. but am going to try it,unless someone has a suggestion.

Comment

if the indicator says pressure switch failure then the paddle or pressure sensing diaphragm is shot needing replacement. if your motor keeps turning on and off repeatedly, eventually the thermal overloads will trip or the motor will burn out as you stated. the motor needs to get up to speed to de-energize the start winding. look into the centrifugal start switch inside one of the end bells of the motor.

Comment

hayzee 518

tks for reply. a lot of your reply i dont under stand.i think you indicated the pressure switch should be replaced. when operating properly as mentioned before controls are answered properly. when not temp is displayed, but no controls are answered. mother board is balboa instruments. while clicking at least 3 switchs are ossilating. {high speed primary, secondary pump, and at least a third although did not id. during this osilating none of these devices are turning on and off

Comment

hayzee 518 read msg

i have tried often to reply, but when i submit i am no longer sighned and have to start all over. this occurs often, and then i reword and leave out info. its frustrating. a conversation might be simpler.you are right , i am in the fla panhandle, i updated my profile i have majic jack so calls are free

Comment

Working...
          X
          =