Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help fixing Frigidaire washer control Panel - DISABLED VET

Hi. I'm a disabled vet and I have a Frigidaire model GLTF2940ES0 washer. Was in the other room when I heard washer begin to beep. Went into laundry room and noticed all lights are either "ON" or scrolling thru the selections, and I'm not washing a load. This started on its own. Unplugging for 24 hours didn't re-set it. I'm now assuming control board is broken. It was very hot and humid the day this happened. I know I can get a control panel, what are the step-by-step instructions to replace control board, and is my assumption that it IS the board correct?

noticed all lights are either "ON" or scrolling thru the selections
    The only things I can think of is either the control might have went into diagnostic mode (for whatever reason) or there might be a problem in the electronic control.

LINK > Frigidaire GLTF2940ES0 Electronic Control

what are the step-by-step instructions to replace control board
    I am not familiar enough with that Frigidaire washer design to provide step by step instructions. While possibly not for your exact model, you can however get the service manual for Frigidaire's 3 cu ft Horizontal Axis Washer at the following link. It should cover most of the basics for your washer's design.

LINK > Frigidaire 3 cu ft Horizontal Axis Washer Service Manual (PDF)

I hope it helps.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Last edited by Dan O.; 04-14-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Thx

Dan, I sure appreciate that you took the time to respind to me. I'll check it out, and even if it isn't the exact same model, i'm sure it'll be close.. Hopefully they use the same "chassis" on most of the models! Thanks again!

Jim

Comment

washer won't change cycles

I didn't know that unplugging for 24 hrs. might work.
        Thanks,
        Carrie

Comment

Unplug for 30 min to try to reset the electronic control

Originally posted by carrie
          I didn't know that unplugging for 24 hrs. might work.
          If unplugging helps to reset the control it doesn't usually need to be unplugged for 24 hours, 30 minutes will usually work just as well.

Unplugging doesn't always work to reset things but it is cheap to try though.

JFYI

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =