Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug-in buzzer

I have a simple problem but I am having a lot of trouble describing it. What do you call the female device on the end of a standard 110 VAC extension cord? Let me here call it a "plug-in receptacle", ok?.

My problem: I have a wireless switch that turns such a plug-in receptacle ON and OFF. That is, when I plug a lamp into the receptacle I can remotely turn the lamp ON or OFF.

I would like to find a small (say 1” diameter) buzzer (or bell or tone generator) that I can plug into the receptacle (in place of the lamp) so that the buzzer can be activated remotely, the same way I turn the lamp ON and OFF. I want the sound level to be moderate (not a fire alarm).

Does anyone know where I can buy such a plug-in buzzer? Thanks.

Have to fabricate one?

Does anyone know where I can buy such a plug-in buzzer?
    I've never heard of such a thing and can't think of a use for one so I doubt you'd find one available in a store, etc.

It might not be difficult to make such a thing from a buzzer from another appliance/device and a replacement cord plug from a hardware store but I don't know whom you could call on to do it for you. Maybe a local school that teaches electronics or has a workshop would take it on as a student/class project?

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Working...
    X
    =