Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gbson Side-by-side not cooling.

Okay, when I got the refrigerator, it would turn the fan on and blowers, but it would not cool. New that it must be the compressor start relay, so I bought and installed a new relay and run capacitor. Now The thing will kick on and cool for about three to four hours, the click real loud and make a buzzing noise for 30 seconds to a minute and click again. After this point, it will stop cooling and do the clicking/buzzing thing every 15 minutes. I am betting it is the compressor, but I hope that someone else has a cheaper idea as to what it may be. PLease and thank you.

The thing will kick on and cool for about three to four hours, the click real loud and make a buzzing noise for 30 seconds to a minute and click again.
    If the click is coming from the relay, the overload protector may be tripping.

I am betting it is the compressor
    If it is the overload tripping, that sounds like a real possibility, yes.

but I hope that someone else has a cheaper idea as to what it may be.
    If the correct replay for that particular model was installed, the only other thing I can think of that might cause your symptom is maybe the compressor overheating. That could be caused by a plugged condenser coil or the condenser fan not working (if used on whatever refrigerator model you have) or a failing compressor.

I can't think of anything else that would cause your stated symptoms. But in order to determine it for sure testing the compressor's amperage draw would be necessary to see if it rises when the compressor eventually shuts down.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Excellent advice there Dan!
      A fool-proof furnace repair manual...

Comment

Ok guys, fixed that problem but another cropped up. Everything is working fine so I decided to hook up the water lines to get some cold water and ice action going. There were some leaks at first, but my trusty plumbers tape took care of all those. Water is working great, but i can't seem to get water to my ice maker. I moved the hoses on the back of it around and got a swoosh of water for just a second, but then it stopped. i believe the line is clogged and I was wondering how I would go about removing the line so i could clean it. thanks again guys.

Comment

Ok guys, fixed that problem
          What was the cause or fix? It might help others with a similar problem that stumble upon your message to know.

but i can't seem to get water to my ice maker
          There might be a problem with the icemaker side of the fridge's water fill valve, the icemaker power harness might not be properly connected to the fridge, there might be a problem in the icemaker itself, the freezer or icemaker might not be cold enough (both have to be below +5 deg. F. to operate) or there might be a blockage in the tubing leading to the icemaker.

Some investigation will be required to try to pinpoint the cause in your case.

BTW. You might want to properly fix any leaks you had. You probably don't want to have any spring up when you're not around to turn off the water before flooding your house.

JMO

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Working...
          X
          =