Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Aid Diswasher not draining Completely

Hi
    We have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model KUD1021R. The unit is 6 years old.
    After running any cycle I notice that there is a little water left in the bottom. You have to get a flashlight on it because the water left is down well under the sprayer arms. So its not alot but its full to the top of the plastic parts (dont know the name for it). Anymore water and it will be actually laying directly in the tub itself. So its right there and not normal.
    With a flashlight you can see the water.
    So we took it all apart and everything is clean. Nothing is stuck and there is no build up. I did notice I would like to replace the screen.
    We also ran a dishwasher cleaner thru a cycle to be sure.
    So if you hit the cancel button the water drains. Not sure but I thought it would shut off once all the water was drained when you used the cancel button. It does not so I stop it. All the water is then out. The dishes look clean.
    Not sure what else to do. Any ideas?

Last edited by Bucket; 11-08-2011, 11:31 AM.

Model number incorrect

KitchenAid dishwasher model KUD1021R
    I can not find a listing for such a model number. Did you get it right off the appliance's model and serial number identification tag? That is the only reliable place it will be found.

Please double check it and post the correct information so we can look it up to see how it was designed to try to offer suggestions.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

I did but left off BTO. So its KUD1021RBTO that is right off the tag on the dishwasher. The unit is 6 years old. I have had trouble finding info on it. That same model# is also on the manual.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bucket

its KUD1021RBTO
        I found it. It is actually kudi02irbt0

On that model there is a check valve (see the following link) inside the pump which might cause draining problems.

LINK > KUDI02IRBT0 Check Valve

Other than that check the drain hose from the dishwasher to the house plumbing and the air gap at the sink if one is installed.

I thought it would shut off once all the water was drained
        The machine doesn't 'know' if there is water inside or not. It will drain for a set amount of time only, as defined by the control's timing.

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

Last edited by Dan O.; 11-09-2011, 12:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Dan.O
          Thank You for the info. We took it apart again but this time down to the Check valve. Also pulled it out to be sure the hose was not clogged. Well the hose was clear so we pulled the checked valve out and saw some gunk on it. For now we cleaned that up put it back in ran a cycle and it drained. Going to wait and run another cycle tonight to see if it drains. If it does then I just will order a new Check valve to have on hand. The original one still looked good just had some cruddy gunk stuff on it.
          Again Thank You
          Bucket

Comment

The original one still looked good just had some cruddy gunk stuff on it
            Cleaning it and the area around it might be all that is required if it isn't worn. Let us know how you eventually make out.

Dan O.
            www.Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

kitchen aid dishwasher

I may be showing my age on this one ..but years ago I had a kitchen aid dishwasher which was leaving water in the bottom...I removed the kick plate on the bottom of the dishwasher and right in front was a solenoid valve which was for the discharge..the valve had a bowl screwed on it ..I removed the bowl and there was the reason ..it had some junk in it...cleaning out the bowl solved the problem

Comment

Olden days

Originally posted by

I may be showing my age on this one .. right in front was a solenoid valve which was for the discharge.
                Yes you are. KitchenAid dishwashers haven't used that system is 30+ years. Those were much simpler to service than more current models like the OP has.

JFYI

Dan O.
                Appliance411.com

Comment

Follow up Problem with dishwasher not draining started again

Back in November I posted with the problem of the dishwasher not draining. A Kitchen aid kudi02irbto. We cleaned it up and things worked just fine. Well as of this week I noticed water in the bottom again. If you hit cancel you can hear it drain the water. I have noticed that if I run the normal cycle it leaves water. When I ran the heavy duty cycle it drained. I have not replaced any parts yet because I'm not sure what the problem is.
                  Any ideas?
                  Thanks
                  Bucket

Comment

I've had this too. . .

I used compressed air to blow out the clog from the Vent be the kitchen sink. I also blew air in the line that goes towards the dishwasher (I was clogged in this line.)

I had a lot of water going out the VENT when the pump was on.

I had a long enough AIR line I was able to bring (my compressed air) in from the garage through my air line..
                    Mark
                    Owner of 1 house (3200 SQ.FT., 4 car garage)
                    Owner of 3 rental houses (partner with the bank.)

Comment

Oh, our dishes are clean when they hit the washer so, I'm not sure where the clog came from???
                      Mark
                      Owner of 1 house (3200 SQ.FT., 4 car garage)
                      Owner of 3 rental houses (partner with the bank.)

Comment

if your dishes are clean before hitting the DW why use it ? on another note if you are rinsing that well isnt that what the DW is for ?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        =