Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Profile side by side Howling

Model # PSC23SGRBSS we bought new in 2004 has been howling the last 2 months. It rarely stops howling. I read many threads about this dated around 2008. Does anyone know more about the solution to fix this currently? It started a month after plugging my hot tub into the same circuit. Microwave acts up since then too. I heard that it is the motherboard. I called GE and they said my refer wasn't one that was recalled as mine is a year 2004 but I don't know if they tell that to everyone?? Does anyone know what I should do? Amazon has the motherboard for a little over a hundred dollars. I plan on relocating the hot tub in a month or so but don't know if that was the cause or not?? So I don't know if I should work on the fridge.
    Last edited by The cruise guy; 12-03-2011, 02:26 PM.

same problem

We moved into a 40 year old house with an "07 ge profile bottom freezer that hums at such a high pitch it gives me a headache. I followed the advice of calling customer relations and they are sending out a new motor control panel at no charge. The Power of the internet- I think!! Just hope it works.

Comment

I am glad that some people are getting a good response from GE. Some of the threads I read gave evidence that they were hindered from good answers and one person had to ask 7 times before they would allow him a recall. It seems that there is a list of those that are under a recall type of list. But is this list published anywhere except within GE's offices? How do we know if we have a defective part and it is really covered?? Does anyone know?
      The Cruise Guy

Comment

high hum frig

The gal I talked to (first thing on a Monday morning) looked up any recalls, etc. for me--I guess I had to trust her. She really was super helpful. Hope others can get her for help. GE does list some recalls on line, but not many.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =