Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenmore refrigerator 253.57388601 leaking from ice door

Hello, Please someone help. I have a kenmore refrigerator model number 253.57388601. The problem is It leaks water from the ice chute. I noticed that whenever I press the water dispenser water also flow into the ice maker fill tray then run thru the basket and out the ice chute. I disconnected the solenoid for the ice maker and put a meter on it, I press the water dispenser button voltage is applied to the ice maker fill solenoid. A wire schematic would be very helpful.

kenmore refrigerator 253.57388601
    That model was made for Sears by Frigidaire.

The problem is It leaks water from the ice chute.
    It leaks all the time? Continually?

whenever I press the water dispenser water also flow into the ice maker fill tray
    Many Frigidaire models use diodes in the wiring harness to the water valve so only one is activated at a time. It may be that the diodes on your model are shorted allowing power to flow to both valves at the same time. Unfortunately, the diode repair kit has been discontinued.

LINK > Frigidaire Diode Repair Kit

I don't know what can be used to replace them. Maybe the whole wire harness to the water valve can be replaced?

A wire schematic would be very helpful.
    There is one on/in every appliance when it leaves the factory. On refrigerators it can often be found rolled up behind the kick plate or inside the control console. Here is a PDF copy from the Frigidaire web site.

LINK > Kenmore 253.57388601 Wiring Diagram

JFYI

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

Comment

Working...
    X
    =