Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauter gas stove top burner producing uneven flame

We have a Sauter gas stove top; five burners. The largest burner is not working properly. The flame is produced when the ignition fires, but the flame is not evenly distributed around the burner. I have tried cleaning the burner, which can be removed from the stove top, with high powered water to make sure the conduits through which the gas flows has no blockage. It seems that there is no blockage, but the problem persists.
    Any suggestions?

I don't know what else could cause an uneven flame on a surface burner other than a blockage in the burner. If the burner caps are all the same, you can try swapping two to see if the problem follows along with the cap. If it does, you could try replacing the burner cap with a new one if cleaning didn't help... if you can find a replacement.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site
    =D~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion

Actually, the burner in question is completely different than the others, so swapping is not an option. I already tried to use high-powered water to clear out the burner, but that did not correct the problem.

Comment

check the air entrance sleeve. moved too far forward or reverse would cause more/less fuel to reach the burner head. look for a spider web inside the tube.

Comment

tried to use high-powered water to clear out the burner
          Compressed air would have been a better choice although neither might be able to remove rust that could possibly have developed within the burner.

Sorry but as I said, I can't think of any possibility besides a problem in the burner itself.

JMO

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com
          The Appliance Information Site
          =D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X
          =