Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool electric dryer will not shut off

Hi I have a Whirlpool electric dryer model #LER4634JQ1 that will not shut off. The timer will go through the timer cycle inall the dryer settings except when it reaches the point of shutting off it willnot go the extra little bit to shut the dryer off. I have repalced the timerwith two new timers, thought the first one was faulty. I read a post that Dan Ogave some good info on back in 2008. But this problem still continues. Is theresomething else that could be causing the timer not to finish the cycle.

The dryer also seems to be heating up and the clothes are extremely hot when weremove them.

P.S. I have just recently replaced the motor thermal fuse as it poped andneeded to be replaced. could the cycling thermostat fuse be bad and does thathave anything to do with forcing the timer to finish off and shut the dryeroff. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

could the cycling thermostat fuse be bad
    There is no such thing as a "cycling thermostat fuse" but the cycling thermostat could be defective and causing the overheat condition, yes. Any "fuse" would stop all heat or the whole dryer from functioning.

LINK > Wirlpool LER4634JQ1 Cycling Thermostat

does that have anything to do with forcing the timer to finish off and shut the dryer off.
    No. A problem with the motor centrifugal switch might though. Someone could inspect and clean any lint from the motor and it's switch to see if that helps with the timer movement problem.

I don't see that your model uses any of the more common causes of that condition.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X
    =