X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Aid oven does not stay lit

Hey everyone!

I have a Kitchen Aid Model: KGSK907SSS Oven

The burners light, and stay on, but when I turn the oven on, it turns on for a few seconds then turns off. And to be able to have it ignite again I have to unplug it from the wall, turn off the safety valve, turn the valve back on, then plug it into the wall. Then most of the time it will ignite again for just a few seconds before turning off. I bought a new Safety valve(# 9763716 ), and a Spark module (# W10331686 ) installed them both, and still having the same problem.

Please help!

Thank you for anyone taking your time to read this post.

-Logan Ross
    Seal Beach, CA

KitchenAid Model: KGSK907SSS Oven
    The closest model number reference I found was KGSK901SSS00 (the 00 may or may not be present) which is a range, oven and surface burners together in one appliance. Please double check the information.

The KGSK901SSS00 model uses Whirlpool's 'direct spark' ignition system (DSI for short). You can read a bit about it at that following link. There is also a link to a service manual at the bottom of that page.

LINK > Understanding Gas Oven Ignition Systems

I bought a new Safety valve(# 9763716 ), and a Spark module (# W10331686 ) installed them both, and still having the same problem.
    If the module can't detect a flame present it shuts the gas off as a safety precaution. An inability to detect a flame present at the burner (considering the parts that have already been replaced) could be due to a 'dirty' or defective spark electrode, plugged burner ports nearest the spark electrode or even an improperly polarized wall outlet the range plugs into. The latter is less likely if the surface burners ignite properly.

LINK > Spark Electrode, Bake

LINK > Bake Burner

I have to unplug it from the wall, turn off the safety valve, turn the valve back on, then plug it into the wall.
    Turning on and off the gas should to affect operation of the ignition system.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Sorry about that, it is the slide in model, 00

The DSI was a good read for information, thank you for that as well.

I just cleaned the spark electrode very well with emery cloth and its pretty dang shiny and new looking. Still does the same thing, turns on for 5-30 seconds, then turns off. To work again it must be unplugged from the wall and plugged back in.

Also the burner is 100% clean and clear of any "foreign junk"

I also did test multiple outlets.

I was wrong though, the safety valve does not need to be switched on and off. Just the power cord needs to be un plugged and re plugged in as I said above.

The company I bought the Spark Module from told me it was tested and guaranteed that it works. So I re connected my old(the original) spark module and it still did the same exact thing. The company said they would give me a full refund, so I plan on sending the board back.

-Logan

Comment

I'm sorry but I can't think of anything besides what has already been replaced or suggested. If you can't find the problem you may have to call a Whirlpool factory authorized service depot to look into it for you. Sorry.

it is the slide in model, 00
        It is the number 907 in the model number you posted that is most in question. As I stated, I could only find a similar model number containing 901 not 907

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you for taking your time to help me try and fix this.

I can PM you a picture of the sticker inside the oven, but can not post a link until 15 posts.

the sticker says "Mod. KGSS907SSS00"

-Logan Ross

Comment

Originally posted by loganross

the sticker says "Mod. KGSS907SSS00"
            Is it by chance a Canadian model?

Dan O.
            Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...