Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE PSS25SGMA Refrig. No water from door

The water from the door of my GE side by side stopped working. Ice is still working ok. I disconnected the hose at the bottom of the freezer door and no water is coming from the feed hose when I request water. Is there a relay controlling this? I don't hear any sound when I request water.

Has anyone confirmed power at the fridge's water valve when the dispenser is actived or tested the water valve itself? That could help to narrow down the cause between a problem in the valve itself or somewhere in the control system.

You can read how an appliance water valve works at the following link.

LINK > How do I test a water fill valve?

JFYI

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Still no drinking water.

Originally posted by rshaw View Post
      The water from the door of my GE side by side stopped working. Ice is still working ok. I disconnected the hose at the bottom of the freezer door and no water is coming from the feed hose when I request water. Is there a relay controlling this? I don't hear any sound when I request water.
      I replaced the water valve relay unit, had expected this to correct problem, ice is still working. A short squirt of water comes out when push dispenser then nothing. Wait a short while and another small squirt. What else could be causing problem, circuit board??? Thanks.

Comment

replaced the water valve runit, had expected this to correct problem
        You mean hoped it would correct it.

A short squirt of water comes out when push dispenser then nothing. Wait a short while and another small squirt. What else could be causing problem?
        I can't think of anything that would cause that symptom at all but there might be a slim chance of a frozen water reservoir in the fridge compartment being responsible. I can't think of anything else.

circuit board?
        If power to the water valve was failing while the dispenser was activated, the fridge's circuit board might be responsible. If power was getting to the water valve when it should be dispensing, no, the electronic control would not likely be a possibility.

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =