Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ge icemaker water valve replacement

I have a ge TBX21TRBR. The icemaker would only fill about 1/2 full. I replaced the valve now the water will not shut off. I may have hooked up the wires reversed. They are not marked and I can't find a schematic. one wire is a ground but I don't get any juice to the second wire. It goes into a wire loom so I can't trace it. Is there a fuse?

Originally posted by Del
    I replaced the valve now the water will not shut off. I may have hooked up the wires reversed.
    That wouldn't cause your symptom.

one wire is a ground but I don't get any juice to the second wire.
    There will be two power wires (a hot line and neutral) connected to the valve terminals, plus possibly an additional green ground wire. There should be power between the hot line and neutral wires when the water valve should be functioning.

Is there a fuse?
    A fuse if failed would STOP all power to a component which would STOP the water valve's functioning. The valve should only allow water to flow through it when powered.

LINK > How do I test a water fill valve?

If power is being continually feed to the water valve to keep it open, the icemaker would be defective. If there is NO power at the water valve but water IS flowing through it, the valve itself is defective. Someone will likely need to test if power is at the valve or not to see which is the problem.

Note: Testing on a 'live' appliance can be dangerous. If you're unfamiliar with safety precautions it might be best to leave such testing to a technician.

JMO

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

my valve has 2 wires. one shows resistance, ie a ground. the other is open no resistance and no power. The original valve shut off it just did not fill the ice maker completely. I was only getting the back half of the cubes being made.

Comment

Originally posted by Del
        my valve has 2 wires. one shows resistance, ie a ground. the other is open no resistance and no power.
        I don't know how you're testing nor why you would be doing such a test but my previous answer stands as how to pinpoint the cause of your symptom.

The only resistance test that might be needed is testing between the terminals of the water fill valve (with the wiring removed from them) but that would only be useful if the water valve did not work at all.

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

new ice maker..

I've seen this be for in the new electronic i/m . IM6 .. etc. flooding or small cubes .. you also make sure you have good PSI . coming in to unit .
          Good Luck , New I/M ...

Comment

Working...
          X
          =